Whilst you can use Outlook Express in the normal manner we strongly recommend that you adjust the account to use a secured connection for both sending and receiving. This ensures that the email you send and receive cannot be read by others as it is transmitted between your computer and our servers. Even more importantly it secures the password you use.
So, without further ado let’s look at how to adjust your Tidymail account in Outlook Express to ensure you always have a secured connection.
From the main Outlook Express screen select the Accounts… option from the Tools menu as illustrated below
You should then be presented with the Internet Accounts window.
- Select the Mail tab.
- Select your account (if it is not already highlighted).
- Select Properties.
- Select the General tab (if it is not already selected).
- Optionally change the name of the account which is displayed in the main account.
- Select the Servers tab.
- Ensure the My server requires authentication box is ticked.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Ensure the Outgoing mail option This server requires a secure connection (SSL) option is ticked.
- Ensure the Incoming mail option This server requires a secure connection (SSL) option is ticked.
- Select Apply
- Select OK
- Select Close